Search This Blog

Friday 14 January 2011

Strength

In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer. ~Albert Camus, Lyrical and Critical Essays


What with the rain and the dreary short days of winter dragging their feet on their journey to spring, the January blues have struck me a blow this past week. I often struggle with the realities of running my little business; I have doubts and fears that lurk in the corners at the back of my mind. These little monsters often try to break through and reduce me to a state of low confidence and ultimately tears. Whether it is doubt in my ability to make furniture, money worries or just the loneliness that comes with working alone - I admit it, I sometimes find it hard, very hard.

The reason I'm writing this rather depressing post is actually a positive one. It's a thank you, to a certain person who puts up with the tears, listens to the streams of doubts that pour forth yet always believes in me, backs me and gives me strength. This wonderful person helps me believe that I can achieve great things but most of all makes me feel like that I am part of something great - us. You told me to write about my fears and it does work! You know who you are.
Thank you and I love you X


No comments:

Post a Comment

please do say hi or add your thoughts but no nasties please x