Search This Blog

Friday 22 April 2011

Office time

Whilst I wait on the skills of a much better photographer than myself I thought I would give you a quick preview of the office desks and shelves that I was working on in March.

There were six desks in total although only four are featured here. They were made to a simple but effective design from birch ply with the aforementioned walnut edge banding. The shelves in the end units are not fixed allowing them to be height adjustable. I sourced all the plywood and walnut edging from Thornbridge on Leith Walk who were really accommodating and helpful (rant to come on the not so helpful suppliers in this industry!). The desks were finished with Osmo polyx, a product I had not used before which was great for this scale of job and gave a really lovely and hard wearing finish. For impatient old me the only downside was the drying time. This job was a real learning experience in terms of scale and efficiency but I think it turned out ok in the end...



No comments:

Post a Comment

please do say hi or add your thoughts but no nasties please x